Monday 31 March 2014

Presentation notes.

These are the notes I will take into my presentation so not to forget anything.

Hello my name is Alex Lloyd.

- Paper craft illustrator, mainly narrative based
- Enjoy illustrating children’s tales from around the world as I feel children need to be introduced to other cultures earlier in life
- create colourful delicate hand cut illustrations that I apply to children’s illustration, comics and merchandise such as tote bags and mugs.
-  Predominantly my work is aimed at children; recently I have branched out into comics for teens and making images for home products.
- I plan to create children’s books while self publishing comics to sell at conventions, sell items and prints on society 6
- Range of children’s publishers at London book fair, main being Tango books Limited, and greetings card companies
-Simple site with an easy navigate layout, video to show off skills and that its hand cut make more personal
- Temporary site having a more professional one built, show image
- Until then site shows artist CV so employers can see prior experience, but I also added blog, Facebook, events and my shop. Events show conventions and galleries I will be attending that year. Also added social media as not only potential client will see this and normal people will find it easier to follow them. Keeping everything linked. Will add pages for comic once I have more solid work on it.
-Portfolio is aimed at children pub, contains mainly children’s book work but towards the end I do have some comic related work, had range of narrative and non narrative work showing my paper craft skills and styles.
- Promote self in a variety of ways and have different strategies for each aspect of my work.
       -children’s book- make contact to make interviews to show portfolio, great chance to meet a selection  when I attend the London book fair, have contacted Tango for an interview. After that will continue to look for companies and email them for interview.

      -Comic- attend conventions around UK and maybe after a year branch out to France as they have a large comic market with variety, here will sell self published work and prints. Founding member of collective called POP collective, self publish zines on variety of topics. Audience if teens, but still currently working on business model.
- 3 items business card, postcards, banner
        -business card- I created laser cut business cards as these are a staple and handy as they are small and can fit in wallets, I wanted my cards to stand out and represent work so laser cut then but these card are only for formal occasions and publishers I will get cheaper printed cards for conventions as these have less chance of being kept.
        -Postcards- I created 2 different showing different ways of reproducing my work, I chose this to show work can either be laser cut or printed both work. I will leave these with publishers as a sample of work they can keep and take away to think about, also will sell these at conventions making them dual purpose. Also has details on as so if they lose my card they have my website on here.
        -Banner- sole purpose conventions, this shows who I am, and can be seen over crowd of people. Attract people to the table, I created an image especially for this purpose and thought it is from a fairy tale so it shadows my other work, striking image to grab attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment